Please Note:

apotheKerri beauty is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Apothekerri(TM) fine handmade toiletries for bath and body, based in California. If it's Snake Oil just like Mom used to make that you're after, why not check them out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ApothekerriProducts?

However, if you're in Canada and looking for a makeup company that caters to the individual as opposed to the masses, you're in the right place!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Getting Ahead of Myself. As Usual

I'm always trying to walk before I can run.

It occurred to me, in re-reading my inaugural post, that I was so caught up in waxing philosophical and declaring my beauty independence that I failed to give any indication as to how I plan to go about achieving it. Basically it was no better than what you might see in the ad campaign of those companies I am looking to revolt against. Like a typical politician, it was all talk and no action.

Well, I'm done with talking. It's time now for some action.

That would be where you come in, dear if imaginary Reader. I need you to answer a relatively simple question.

If you could stage your own Beauty Coup, what would you do?

 

Not so much how you'd want to look, although that's certainly part of it, but more how you would want to go about getting the things you would need to put that look together. Would you prefer to buy at the drugstore or from a department store counter? Or do you enjoy the thrill of the chase, going from shop to shop until you have all the items on your list like it's a fashionista version of a scavenger hunt? And tell me, how does it make you feel to be looked down upon by a makeup 'professional' wearing more blush than Pat Benatar circa 1985, or when you find yourself jammed in with a thousand of the closest friends you've never met all trying to find that perfect black eyeliner at a certain black and white striped megastore?

I want to know what you think. I want to know how the whole experience would look if you had your way, from start to finish and in as much detail as you care to include in the comments below.

I realize it might take some time to come up with a response, so I'm prepared to be a little bit patient. I mean, how many times has anyone asked you that question and stuck around to hear the answer? 



 

1 comment:

devastating love. said...

Well...now that I've moved out of the urban core (tear), I do have to say that I would love if your new beauty products had a small, yet stylish and delicious set-up at a big-box store where "shoppers" outside of the city could get a taste of what they're missing down on at the exclusive Queen West (or wherever) prime location!

But, I LOVE the idea of designing and branding your own store around the product and giving each customer a more exclusive and intricate shopping experience...I just think for more success most people in this industry would have to step up and take one for the team by selling out to the corporate big box world...just make sure you do so once you've established your name first!

Kate xo