Please Note:

apotheKerri beauty is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Apothekerri(TM) fine handmade toiletries for bath and body, based in California. If it's Snake Oil just like Mom used to make that you're after, why not check them out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ApothekerriProducts?

However, if you're in Canada and looking for a makeup company that caters to the individual as opposed to the masses, you're in the right place!

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Beauty Icon Wednesday: Hooray for the Betties!

I really enjoyed the way last week's format turned out - or non-format, is it were - so I decided that maybe this week's Icon Wednesday should be more of the same. Hope you all happen to agree with me. 


After this past weekend's emotional trip to the McQueen exhibit at the Met it gave me pause for reflection. Okay well to be honest, sometimes all it takes is a trip to the loo, but this particular trip got me thinking about who I am in terms of my style and what made me that way. And the answer in part is that I am a sum of the Betties: Boop and Page in particular. But there are more Betties that have contributed to my sense of style and self over the years, and so I have decided to let the pictures do the talking this time.
 I'm sure that will come as a relief to some. And so, without further ado, away we go.

Bette Davis
Lauren Bacall, born Betty Joan Perske
Elizabeth Taylor. Although she's more Liz than Betty



Betty Grable



No comments: