Please Note:

apotheKerri beauty is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Apothekerri(TM) fine handmade toiletries for bath and body, based in California. If it's Snake Oil just like Mom used to make that you're after, why not check them out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ApothekerriProducts?

However, if you're in Canada and looking for a makeup company that caters to the individual as opposed to the masses, you're in the right place!

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Beauty Icon Wednesday: Who's That (Birthday) Girl?


Name: Madonna Louise Ciccone, born August 16th, 1958







Known for: blonde hair and dark eyebrows, underwear into outerwear and singlehandedly transforming your Nonna's lace doilies and  crucifixes into iconic moments in fashion.






I would be remiss in my Beauty Icon Wednesday duties if I neglected to honour Madonna in this, the week of her birth. I'm fairly certain there are those out there celebrating it as if it were the Holy Week. And why not? Madge deserves it. The woman is fifty three, a trend-maker and taboo-breaker with thirty years of music under her Dolce & Gabbana belt. And while I'm well-aware that it is largely the work of Photoshop and soft focus lensing, you've gotta admit that she looks better than some women half her age.



So with that, I wish you a very happy birthday, Madonna. And I can only hope that I can look as good when I'm your age.


No comments: