Please Note:

apotheKerri beauty is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Apothekerri(TM) fine handmade toiletries for bath and body, based in California. If it's Snake Oil just like Mom used to make that you're after, why not check them out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ApothekerriProducts?

However, if you're in Canada and looking for a makeup company that caters to the individual as opposed to the masses, you're in the right place!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Beauty Icon Wednesday: Veronica, The Bad Girl of Riverdale


Name: Veronica Lodge, created April 1942 by Bob Montana for the Archie comic series

Known for: glossy black hair, legs up to her neck, and an inexplicable affection for a freckle-faced ginger named Archie

I'm not gonna lie - this week has not been the best, and as early as this afternoon I was still at a loss as to who to feature for today's Icon. But inspiration can hit at anytime and often where you least expect it, and thanks to a certain idea planted by a simple Tweet from Chick Advisor I found my girl.

I've never been a fan of the goody-two-shoes, girl next door. So far as I'm concerned, evil knows how to dress and therefore automatically wins in my opinion. In the decades-old chick fight between the annoyingly perky, saccharin-sweet Betty and glamorous Veronica, there was no question; it was Team Ronnie all the way. She was beautiful, snobby, an unapologetic shopaholic, always got her way and had absolutely zero interest in such menial tasks as cooking or cleaning - that's what servants (or men) were for. She represented everything my younger self aspired to be when I grew up.

If I'm being honest, I still do.

Incidentally, in case you're curious, I'm also one of those Angie over Aniston-types. Now that I'm thinking about it, one can draw quite a few parallels between the two. Am I right?

No comments: