Please Note:

apotheKerri beauty is not affiliated with nor endorsed by Apothekerri(TM) fine handmade toiletries for bath and body, based in California. If it's Snake Oil just like Mom used to make that you're after, why not check them out on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/ApothekerriProducts?

However, if you're in Canada and looking for a makeup company that caters to the individual as opposed to the masses, you're in the right place!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Beauty Icon Wednesday: The World's First Supermodel

Name: Jean Rosemary Shrimpton, born November 7th, 1942


Known for: being 'The Face of The Sixties', helping launch the mini-skirt, and for bringing Audrey Hepburn's gamine legacy to the Swinging London scene.


There are times, and I'm sure a few of you would be inclined to agree with me, that it feels as though I were born in the wrong era. I don't worship at the altar of the Kardashians or Jersey Shore. I prefer the more refined, almost classic beauties of days gone past. Some may look at this and think it's too dated or old-fashioned but for me, this is what timeless beauty looks like. And when it comes to iconic faces, this is definitely one that tops the list.

But I won't type a novel - so unlike me, I know. I'd rather leave it to these pictures, and more specifically this face, to say everything that needs saying.

No comments: